Lit 1 Classes (MTh 9:00-10:30, TF 9:00-10:30)
You have two options for your first output. You can choose to write a paper or submit a creative output.
For those who will be writing an academic essay, please consider the following:
- Your essay either must be argumentative or expository.
- Please use the MLA format and style. Click on the provided link for more information.
- Avoid plagiarism. Click on the provided link for more information.
- Submit both a soft and hard copy of your work on October 6, 2014. Email your soft copy to email@example.com while you can leave the hard copy on my table.
- The following are suggested topics you can use for your academic essay:
- The position of literature in society today. You can go national or regional in terms of geography or literature.
- How literature is changing society or an aspect of society. Again, you can go national or regional in terms of geography or literature.
- The significance of precolonial oral forms or folk literature to modern Philippine society.
- Discuss a precolonial oral form or folk literary form and its current status.
- The position of precolonial oral forms or folk literature in current Philippine society. You can go national or regional in terms of geography or literature.
- You can choose to discuss a person or group that works for the preservation of precolonial oral forms or make them more accessible to more Filipinos. You can go national or regional in terms of geography or literature.
- Audio-visual interpretation of a folk narrative.
- A narrative poem or short story using elements from folk literature
- A graphic short story having elements from folk literature